Veterinary Medical Director ( DVM )
- Animal ER of Northwest Houston
- Cypress, Texas
Love teaching and leading others? Our hospital is seeking to add an outstanding colleague who exudes positive leadership skills and enjoys a rewarding culture with a productive, cohesive team.
Privately owned, Animal ER of NW Houston holds over 24 awards and was voted Best Veterinarian by the Houston Chronicle for 2021. Our high pace, emergency hospital has created a new key leadership opportunity as the Animal ER Veterinary Medical Director. Candidates must be compassionate, hardworking, and passionate veterinarians (with current Texas DVM license) who strive to enhance the art of veterinary emergency medicine and boost client & patient experiences while creating a legacy in this great profession!
Negotiable and competitive salary with sign on bonus. Opportunities for production bonuses, surgery bonuses, control of your time & work shift schedule, and profit sharing are some of the incentives for our position which allows for a satisfying and rewarding role in our award winning hospital.
Medical Director dutiesare to include:
- Partner on management tasks to optimize staff training and efficiency
- Provide management and leadership support for the hospital team
- Help assure quality patient care
- Training, education, development and supervision of staff
- Assist in scheduling of DVMs
- Enforce policies and guidelines that help support the hospital culture
- Support the successful, efficiency of business operations and financial productivity
- Partner with mgmt to ensure excellent client care
- Support thorough client-DVM relations with communication and records coaching
- Assist in generating financial data for the Hospital Administrator
- Participationand collaboration for public relations events and assist in creating marketing materials
Associate positions (full-time and part-time and relief are also available) are also available with a very competitive compensation package!
Our 24-hour hospital offers opportunities for day time shifts as well as overnights - flexibility for that ideal work-life balance. Our talented staff caters to the clients experience and make the DVM’s job easier by shouldering the larger burden of customer and patient management. Grow your skills, enjoy our family focused atmosphere and enjoy the freedom to practice your skills helping our amazing Cy-Fair pet community. Animal ER is also a founding veterinary partner for the Harris County Animal Cruelty Task Force so we also have opportunity to learn about cruelty work and forensics aside from offering state of the art emergency care. Digital imaging with teleradiology, in-house lab capabilities, transfusion therapy, and more including options for referring to our canine rehabilitation department with Wonder Pet Rehab with also offers acupuncture therapy. Contact us for more details and come build a career with us!
- Paid vacation
- Service, care and pet food benefits for personal pets
- Memberships (4 - paid) along with fees for PLIT and licensure
- CE allowance
- PR and community service oppportunites
- Fear Free certification allowance
- And more!
Recognition for our privately owned, award winning hospital which opened in 2014!
- 2021 Best Veterinarian Houston Chronicle
- 2022- 2020 Cypress Business Award
- 2019 DVM Top500 US Award
- 2019 NACA Diane Lane Service Award
- 2019 Stevie Business Awards -Community Programs and Public Relations -2x Winner
- 2018 SBDC Lone Star - Woman Owned Business of the Year
- 2017 Cy-Fair Chamber Small Business of the Year
- 2014-2022 CyFair Best Veterinarian Award
Animal ER of NW Houston houses Wonder Pet Rehabilitation and Recovery. Our rehab team cares for patients Mon-Friday with a 1000+ft rehab facility which includes underwater treadmill, physio therapy room, therapeutic ultrasound, TENS, e-stim as well as we are the first veterinary practice to offer the Neubie Electrical Stimulation neuro-reeducation system. Our hospital owner, Dr Jennifer Hennessey is a NeuFit Certified Practitioner as well as a Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner (CCRP) and a Certified Veterinary Acupuncture Therapist. We offer PRP therapy as well for select referrals to Wonder Pet Rehab.
Job ID: 359550372